- International Medical Corps UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
- When you contact International Medical Corps UK to make a donation or sign up to our e-newsletter or engage with International Medical Corps UK via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim gift aid.
- If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, International Medical Corps UK may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet); which browser and operating system you are using; the date and time of your visit and the site from which you arrived.
What we do with the information you give us?
- By submitting your details, you enable International Medical Corps UK to raise funds and to provide you with the information, activities or online content you select.
- We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law. We will never use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. You can view the International Medical Corps’ Information Security Overview here.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Administrator, International Medical Corps UK, 254-258, Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7EB
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or would like us to delete our records relating to your personal information, please contact us or write to Administrator, International Medical Corps UK, 254-258, Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7EB
- International Medical Corps UK uses primarily session based cookies on our website. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If your browser settings are not set to block cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or performs other functions which improve the smooth running of the site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline our cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your own browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Please note, declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu For a video about cookies, visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Generation Nutrition campaign
- International Medical Corps UK is a member of Generation Nutrition, a campaign aimed at ending child deaths from acute malnutrition in our generation. Supporters data will be held on a common database but will only be used for the purposes and duration of the Generation Nutrition campaign and will only be used by any coalition partner with the consent of the supporter concerned.